Last Updated: March 25, 2020
What we collect
There are three basic types of information we collect:
- Information you give us. We collect your name, email address, and other information you provide through our site and when you contact us. If you join our Early Access program, we’ll also collect information when you set up an account, create a launch, request support, or otherwise send us information.
- Information we get when you use our site. We automatically log information about you and your device when you visit our site and use our services. For example, when you visit our site, we learn your operating system type, browser type, and IP address. We also learn how you use our site, including the pages you visit and forms you fill out. When you participate in our Early Access program, we of course collect additional information about how you use our services. For example, we learn how many launches you view and create, how often you log in, and the number of support tickets you create.
- Information we get from third parties. When you log into TerraTrue using Google, we get access to your name, email address, profile picture, unique ID, and information about whether you verified your email address. We may also receive information about you from others in your organization, like your name, job title, and email address.
We use different technologies to collect and store information, including cookies. You can learn more about cookies here.
How we use your information
Here’s how we put your personal information to use:
- Provide our services. We use your information to develop, operate, and improve our services. This includes things like responding to your support requests, providing the services you request, and deciding what we should develop next.
- Understand usage and trends. We use information, especially the logs we generate when you use our services, to help us understand how people use our services. Among other things, this lets us diagnose bugs, learn which features are most popular, and decide where to focus our development and marketing resources.
- Respond to comments, questions, and support requests. We use your information, typically your email address and messages you send us, to provide support and respond to other inquiries. To protect your account, we may also use your information to verify your identity before responding.
- Send information and marketing materials. We use your email address, usage logs, and other information to send relevant technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages. We may also send marketing messages to let you know about our products and features, but we’ll make sure you can opt out of these at any time.
- Prevent fraud and illegal activity. We use the information we collect to protect against, investigate, and deter abusive, fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
When we might share your personal information
We may share your personal information:
- with your consent or at your direction
- when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, in which we’d be selling or transferring all or a part of our business or assets (such as a merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding)
- when others need your information to do work for us
- for legal or safety reasons, such as:
- complying with applicable laws
- responding to lawful requests and legal processes
- protecting the rights and property of TerraTrue, our agents, customers, and others
- sharing information in an emergency, such as protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or anyone else
Control over your information
Marketing opt out. If we send you marketing emails, we’ll be sure to let you know how to opt out. If you do opt out, we’ll still send emails about your account activity and other non-marketing emails.
Deletion. You can delete some information—like launches and comments—directly through our services. If you would like to delete any other information, just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you out.
Access, correction, and portability. You can access and edit much of your personal information through our services. If you have any other requests, you can always send them to email@example.com. If we don’t have enough information to verify your identity, we may ask you to provide some additional details before disclosing any personal information. And there are times when won’t be able to fulfill your request, like when your request could negatively affect the privacy of others or force us to violate legal obligations we have.
We process information on servers located in the United States. This means that your personal information may be transferred to and stored in a country outside of where you live.
535 Mission St.
San Francisco, California 94105