Last Updated: June 30, 2021
What we collect
There are three basic types of information we collect:
- Information you give us. We collect your name, email address, and other information you provide through our site and when you contact us. When you become a TerraTrue customer, we’ll also collect any information you give us to set up an account, create a launch, request support, or otherwise send us information.
- Information we get when you use our services. We automatically log information about you and your device when you visit our site, use our services, or otherwise interact with us. For example, when you visit our site, we learn your operating system type, browser type, and IP address. We also learn how you use our site, including the pages you visit and forms you fill out. We collect additional information about how you use our services when you become a TerraTrue customer, including how many launches you view and create, how often you log in, and the number of support tickets you create. We also receive basic information about whether you’ve interacted with our other services, like email messages and notifications.
- Information we get from third parties. Depending on which services you use, we may collect information about you from third parties. For example:
- When you log into TerraTrue using Google, we get access to your name, email address, profile picture, unique ID, and information about whether you verified your email address.
- When you use our Slack integration, we’ll receive your Slack username, email address, and messages you sync with TerraTrue.
- When you use our launch management tool, we receive information about you from others in your organization, like your name, job title, and email address.
- When you interact with us on social media, we’ll see your public profile, how you interact with our content, and any messages you choose to send us.
- We may also obtain information from third parties to send you marketing messages. You can opt out of this marketing as described below.
We use different technologies to collect and store information, including cookies. You can learn more about cookies here.
How we use your information
Here’s how we put your personal information to use:
- Provide our services. We use your information to develop, operate, and improve our services. This includes things like responding to your support requests, providing the services you request, and deciding what we should develop next.
- Understand usage and trends. We use information, especially the logs we generate when you use our services, to help us understand how people use our services. Among other things, this lets us diagnose bugs, learn which features are most popular, and decide where to focus our development and marketing resources.
- Respond to comments, questions, and support requests. We use your information, typically your email address and messages you send us, to provide support and respond to other inquiries. To protect your account, we may also use your information to verify your identity before responding.
- Send information and marketing materials. We use your email address, usage logs, and other information to send relevant technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages. We may also send marketing messages to let you know about our products and features, but we’ll make sure you can opt out of these at any time.
- Prevent fraud and illegal activity. We use the information we collect to protect against, investigate, and deter abusive, fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
How we share your information
We may share your personal information:
- with your consent or at your direction
- when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, in which we’d be selling or transferring all or a part of our business or assets (such as a merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding)
- when others need your information to do work for us
- for legal or safety reasons, such as:
- complying with applicable laws
- responding to lawful requests and legal processes
- protecting the rights and property of TerraTrue, our agents, customers, and others
- sharing information in an emergency, such as protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or anyone else
- to improve and measure the performance of our advertisements and marketing
Advertising on third-party services
We advertise TerraTrue on third-party services, including LinkedIn. When you visit our website, we’ll send some basic information, like a unique identifier and your browser type, back to those third parties to help us understand if our ads are effective and pay our ad partners. You can opt out of this advertising on the third-party services that show our ads. If you’d like to know more, email us.
Control over your information
Marketing opt out. If we send you marketing emails, we’ll be sure to let you know how to opt out. If you do opt out, we’ll still send emails about your account activity and other non-marketing emails.
Advertising on third-party services. TerraTrue only advertises on third-party services that provide an opt-out mechanism. For example, you can opt out of our LinkedIn advertising here.
Deletion. You can delete some information—like launches and comments—directly through our services. If you would like to delete any other information, just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you out.
Access, correction, and portability. You can access and edit much of your personal information through our services. If you have any other requests, you can always send them to email@example.com. If we don’t have enough information to verify your identity, we may ask you to provide some additional details before disclosing any personal information. And there are times when we won’t be able to fulfill your request, like when your request could negatively affect the privacy of others or force us to violate legal obligations we have.
We process information on servers located in the United States. This means that your personal information may be transferred to and stored in a country outside of where you live.
Additional information for California residents
As a California resident, you have the right to:
- Know what personal information we collect and how we use and share that information
- Request deletion of personal information we’ve collected from you
- Opt out of the sale of personal information
- Not be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights
You can learn how to exercise some of your privacy rights here. To exercise any other privacy rights or ask questions about your rights, just contact us. If you ask us to delete or provide a copy of your information, we may ask you to confirm your identity first. If you’d like someone to access or delete information on your behalf, we may ask them for additional information to verify the request is legitimate.
Categories of information we collect
We describe the types of information we collect and how we collect it above, but California law requires us to provide details about some specific categories of information. In the last 12 months, we’ve collected:
- Identifiers, including name, device ID, IP address, username, and similar information.
- Commercial information, including products and services purchased or considered.
- Internet or other electronic network activity, including information about your device and how you use our services.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, including information you submit through our platform, images you attach to support requests, and other information you send us.
- Professional or employment-related information, including the company you work for and your job title.
We collect this information when you provide it to us, when you use our services, or when third parties give it to us. We collect all of this information for the business purposes described above.
Information sharing and sales
In the last 12 months, we have not sold your personal information. We’ve shared all of the categories of information described in this section as described above.
201 Folsom St.
San Francisco, California 94105