What are questionnaires?
Questionnaires are powerful tools for customizing and automating TerraTrue. Add questionnaires to launches and Data Specs to gather and consolidate information, assign risk scores, or automate actions based on your users’ responses. Questionnaires support conditional logic, so you can configure them to surface when specific conditions are met — like when new launches are created, when a sensitive data type is used, or when a launch is associated with a particular product or component.
How do I create a questionnaire?
Users with the Questionnaire Manager role can create questionnaires in the Questionnaires setting. Select “Create New” and choose “Blank” to enter the Questionnaire Builder. The Questionnaire Builder is organized into three sections: Basics, Structure, and Custom Actions.
The Basics section of the Questionnaire Builder asks you to add a name and description to your questionnaire, and provides four configuration options:
- Questionnaire Location lets you select where your questionnaire will be displayed:
- Launch Creation surfaces your questionnaire each time a new launch is created. This option is helpful for determining if a new launch requires a review team, or for funneling new launches to the right reviewers.
- Launch Summary adds your questionnaire to the Questionnaires section of launch summaries.
- Data Spec integrates your questionnaire directly the Data Spec.
- Visibility lets you specify if your questionnaire should appear on every launch creation, launch summary, or Data Spec, or if it should appear only when certain conditions are met. Configuring questionnaires with conditional logic offers a powerful way to streamline TerraTrue by ensuring that your teams are never asked to complete irrelevant workflows.
- Enable risk scoring lets you assign risk levels to different answers to help you automatically assess the outcome of a questionnaire.
- Send responses to Google Sheets lets you automatically store questionnaire responses in Google Sheets.
Use the Structure section to add or remove questions, choose question types, organize your questions into pages, and add content and logic to individual questions. Questionnaires support nine question types:
- Checkbox questions allow users to select zero, one, or several options from a list.
- Radio questions allow users to select exactly one option from a list.
- Text Area questions offer users a large text composer with rich-text functionality.
- Text Field questions provide a short text field and are intended for brief responses
- Yes/No questions allow users to answer either “Yes” or “No,” and can be configured with a “I don’t know” option.
- Date questions ask users to select a date from a calendar interface.
- File Upload questions allow users to upload files.
- Alert questions provide information to users and do not ask for a user response.
- Taxonomy questions ask users to select one or more items from your organization’s custom taxonomies, such as data types, data uses, third parties, or retention periods.
The Custom Actions section lets you automatically raise a new Jira issue or mark a review team as not needed or blocked based on users’ responses to one or more of your questions.