TerraTrue’s Ironclad integration creates a two-way communication between Ironclad and TerraTrue that allows you to automatically create TerraTrue launches from Ironclad and optionally send TerraTrue status updates to Ironclad.
This document will walk you through a few steps to configure the integration. We’ll also detail the data flow between Ironclad and TerraTrue. Finally, we’ll discuss how to specify which Ironclad workflows trigger webhook events.
Ironclad integration steps
Step 1: Create an API token
To access information in Ironclad, TerraTrue needs an API token. To create an API token:
- Log in to Ironclad
- In the top right, click on your name and then Company Settings
- In the menu on the left, click on API
Note: If you don’t see the API menu option, you may need to enable API access in your Ironclad account. Please reach out to your Ironclad account manager and ask them to enable API access.
- On the API screen, type a descriptive name for the key in the Create New Token text box and then click Create.
- Make sure you copy the new API token before you click “Confirm and close” because you’ll need it in a later step. If you don’t save the access token, you’ll need to create another one by repeating this step.
Step 2: Enable the Ironclad integration in TerraTrue
- Log in to TerraTrue
- Navigate to the Ironclad integration settings (Org Settings > Integrations > Ironclad)
- Click the “Enable Integration” toggle
- Paste the API token you created in step 1 into the Access Token field and click Submit. If you see an error message, make sure you entered the correct API token or create a new API token in Ironclad.
Step 3: Configure optional settings
By default, any newly created Ironclad workflow will create a TerraTrue launch. Most organizations will want to filter which workflows trigger launches. The Launch Triggers section allows you to specify which workflows and fields trigger a launch creation.
First, select the workflow types that should trigger a launch. Next, under Custom Fields, you have the option of selecting individual fields or All Fields.
- Selecting All Fields will create a TerraTrue launch whenever a workflow of the selected type is created.
- Selecting a field that is a Yes/No question type will create a launch whenever a user answers “yes” to that question in Ironclad. For example, you could create a Yes/No question in Ironclad that asks if the agreement will involve sharing data with a third party. If the Ironclad user answers “yes,” a TerraTrue launch will be created.
- Selecting any other field type will create a TerraTrue launch whenever that field contains an answer. For example, if you select Counterparty Name, a TerraTrue launch will be created whenever a name is entered in the Counterparty Name field.
Send status updates to Ironclad
When a launch is created via the Ironclad integration, we send a comment to the Ironclad workflow with a link to the TerraTrue launch. You can also opt in to having status updates sent back to Ironclad whenever the launch or review team status changes. To enable this functionality, select Send in the “Send status updates to Ironclad” section.
Step 4: Add a webhook to Ironclad
- From the Ironclad integration setting in TerraTrue, copy the URL in the Webhook section
- In Ironclad, navigate back to Company Settings > API
- Click “Create WebHook” at the bottom of the API screen
- Paste the webhook in the Target URL field
- Select “workflow_launched” and “workflow_updated” in the Events field
- Click Create to save your webhook
Using the Ironclad Integration
Create a launch using Ironclad
In Ironclad, create a new workflow using any Launch Trigger criteria that was specified in the Ironclad integration setting in TerraTrue. After submitting the workflow, a launch will be created in TerraTrue and a comment will be added to the workflow with a link to the launch.
Review a launch created with Ironclad
- Click the link to the TerraTrue launch or find the launch on the Launchpad.
- When opening a launch created via the Ironclad integration, you will see that the Ironclad workflow title copied to the launch. If an agreement date is provided by the workflow, then the due date will have that value. If no agreement date is provided, then the due date will be three weeks from the creation date.
- Also, you will see a link to the related Ironclad workflow in the Supporting URLs section of the launch.
- On launch creation, a comment is sent to the corresponding workflow.
- If Send Status was selected in the Ironclad integration setting, changes to launch review team status and launch status are sent as comments to the workflow.
The Ironclad Integration is a bidirectional communication between Ironclad and TerraTrue. As a result, we ask you to provide an API token so that we can authenticate with your Ironclad instance. API tokens are independent of your Ironclad password, so deleting the token will not affect your ability to log in. Using the API token, TerraTrue will have admin access to public API calls to your Ironclad instance. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.